Welcome to the Dynamics of Quantum Systems and Advanced Materials Research Group
Our current research projects include:
- theoretical studies of Condensed Matter Physics, Atomic Physics, and Chemical Physics
- the physics of organic semiconductors, graphene, and phosphorene devices using Theory and Computation
- methods for electronic structure theory: density functional theory, time-dependent density functional theory, GW-approximation, DFT+U, exact diagonalization, and Monte Carlo
- connections between quantum and classical systems, with an interest in chaotic behavior
- theoretical and computational techniques towards optimization of spin systems with an interest in solid-state quantum information
- predicting Advanced Materials for energy production and storage
Please visit our research projects webpage for mode details.
Borunda Group -- Summer 2018
From left to right: OPTIMUS, Lee, Mary, Charith, Sebastian (REU 2018!), Brian, Kyle, and Mario. We are a theoretical physics group in the Department of Physics at Oklahoma State University.
- Mario F. Borunda
- Associate Professor
- 145 Physical Sciences Bldg.
- Department of Physics
- Oklahoma State University
- Stillwater, OK 74078