Borunda Group -- Spring 2016
From left to right: Todd ('16!), Paul, Mario, Shuo ('17!), BUMBLEBEE, Mary, Wakun ('16!), Kazsa, Nic, Sanaz ('16!), Charith, Richa, and Robert ('16!). We are a theoretical physics group in the Department of Physics at Oklahoma State University.
- focuses on theoretical studies of Condensed Matter Physics, Atomic Physics, and Chemical Physics
- is currently working in the physics of organic semiconductors, graphene, and phosphorene devices using Theory and Computation
- applies and develops methods for electronic structure theory: density functional theory, time-dependent density functional theory, GW-approximation, DFT+U, exact diagonalization, and Monte Carlo
- has developed tools and have looked at connections between quantum and classical systems, with an interest in chaotic behavior
- is interested in theoretical and computational techniques towards optimization of spin systems with an interest in solid-state quantum information
- is also searching and predicting novel materials for energy production and storage
- Mario F. Borunda
- Assistant Professor
- 145 Physical Sciences Bldg.
- Department of Physics
- Oklahoma State University
- Stillwater, OK 74078